These chocolate flourless peanut butter cookies are made sans flour, gluten, refined sugar, and butter! They’re ooey gooey and taste like a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a brownie!
These chocolate flourless peanut butter cookies really do taste like a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a brownie. They’re grain-free and made with coconut flour, coconut sugar, all-natural peanut butter, and DARK cocoa powder.
Lin and I made 6 flipping batches of this healthy dessert recipe to make sure they would be PERFECT for you. Also- we love cookies, and any excuse to make more cookies is a good excuse.
What You Need for our Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- All-Natural Peanut Butter: Brings that real peanutty kick and makes the cookies nice and chewy. It’s like the glue holding everything together. You can use creamy peanut butter or chunky peanut butter. We’ve also made these with cashew butter, and they’re AMAZING.
- Coconut Palm Sugar: This natural sweetener adds a sweet, caramel-like vibe to the cookies. You could also use light brown sugar if you like.
- Dark Cocoa Powder: Gives a serious chocolate boost. It has a rich, deep cocoa flavor that makes these cookies a chocolate lover’s dream. You could use regular unsweetened cocoa powder instead of dark if you like.
- Chocolate Chips: We love using dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips would also work
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
- Nut butter: we’ve made these cookies using almond butter and cashew butter and they’re both delicious.
- Sugar: feel free to use light brown sugar instead.
- Cocoa powder: we used a dark cocoa powder for this recipe, but regular works too.
PS: check out our chocolate peanut butter protein cookies, for a similar recipe that incorporates protein powder!
#1 tip for flourless cookies!
Our number 1 tip for flourless cookies is to LET THEM COOL!
Because there is no flour in these cookies, it’s important to give them time to firm up before serving. If you don’t they will likely fall apart!
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 3-5 days. You can also freeze in a sealed container for up to 4 months.
- 1 cup drippy, all-natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder but any kind will work!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- sea salt sprinkled on top
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside
Place the wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. Then, add dry ingredients and mix again until you’ve formed a cookie dough.
Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scooper to scoop out dough. Then roll the dough between your hands and slightly flatten (the cookies will not expand much). Place on cookie sheet and then top with chocolate chips and sea salt.
Bake at 350º for 10 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes so that the cookies can firm up. They are flourless, after all!
Tips & Notes
- We tested this recipe 6 times to make sure it was chewy yet perfectly chocolatey and peanut buttery.
- These really do taste like a cross between a peanut butter cookie and a brownie. They’re grain-free, made with coconut flour, coconut sugar, all natural peanut butter, and DARK cocoa powder.
- You can use light brown sugar in place of coconut sugar and cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
- Top with flaky sea salt to bring out the chocolate flavor.
Calories: 225kcal Protein: 6g Fat: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g