You can’t beat stuffed jalapenos when it comes to game day appetizers. Each jalapeno is filled with a cream cheese filling then wrapped in bacon for the perfect savory bite.
Why You’ll Love These Stuffed Jalapeños
No game-day kick-off is complete without some freshly-grilled stuffed jalapenos to munch on.
- Great for gatherings. Double or triple the recipe so everyone can load up on these addictive, cheesy jalapenos.
- Simple. Stuff the chilis, wrap them in bacon, and grill them in one go!
- One-bite. These stuffed jalapenos are a one-bite appetizer, making them easy to eat as you walk around or watch TV.
- Tex-Mex. Nothing says Tex-Mex food like bacon, jalapenos, and cream cheese in one bite.
What You’ll Need
The cream cheese and lime filling adds a bright creaminess to each bite. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Jalapeños – They need to be fresh chilis, not canned.
- Cream cheese – Go for full-fat or low-fat cream cheese.
- Cheddar cheese – Shredded cheddar cheese or mexican cheese is fine.
- Salt – Kosher salt is best for this.
- Garlic Powder – Fresh garlic is a great swap.
- Bacon – Feel free to use thick-cut bacon.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños
Make sure the bacon is well-secured so that there’s crispiness in every bite. Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Clean them out. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and ribs on the jalapeños. Leave them if you prefer extra spicy chilis.
- Make the filling. Mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and garlic powder until well combined.
- Fill them. Using a spoon, add filling to each jalapeño halve until full. Don’t add too much or it’ll melt and over-flow.
- Wrap the jalapeños. Roll each filled pepper with half a bacon strip. Secure it with a toothpick.
- Baked them. Arrange the jalapeños on a baking sheet, with the cheese-side facing upward. Preheat the oven to 400°. Cook the jalapeños for 25- 30 minutes or until tender and crispy.
Tips & Variations
If the chilis are evenly-sized, you can dress them up or down however you want!
- Make them cheesier. Stir 1/2-1 cup of any shredded melty cheese into the filling for a cheesier bite.
- Add protein. Mix 1/2 cup ground sausage, ground beef, pork, or turkey into the cheese mixture to make the jalapeños heartier.
- Choose even sizes. The jalapeños need to be large (all similarly-sized) so that they cook evenly. This will also allow you to add enough filling.
- Make them sweet-and-savory. Once ready, drizzle them with hot honey for a sweet-and-savory kick.
- Add spices. 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, or taco seasoning will give each bite more flavor.
- Make it buffalo-style. Add 1/2-1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning into the cream cheese mixture and 1/2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken with 3-4 tablespoons buffalo sauce.
What to Serve Stuffed Jalapeños Wrapped with Bacon
These easy stuffed jalapenos are the perfect game-day or cookout appetizer. Serve them with other finger-foods to complete the meal. Try my Chicken Tenders, Buffalo Chicken Wings, or Honey BBQ Chicken Wings. You can also go for my Game Day Charcuterie Board. If you prefer fries, try my Air Fryer Zucchini Fries or Sweet Potato Fries with dipping sauces.
Keep some in the freezer for a last-minute appetizer!
- Fridge: Place them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezer: Assemble them as usual but don’t cook them. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm. Transfer them to a freezer-friendly bag or container. Freeze for up to 2 months. Grill them straight from frozen, adding 10-15 minutes to the cooking time.
- To reheat them: Pop them into the microwave in 30-second increments until warm. You can also heat them in the oven at 300F for 15-20 minutes.
More Appetizers To Try
This smokey, stuffed jalapenos recipe with crispy bacon and a cilantro-cream cheese filling is an easy Tex-Mex appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil. Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeños using a spoon. Unless you want your jalapenos with more of a kick, then leave them in.
- To a small bowl, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add cream cheese mixture into each jalapeño half.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño half with half a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Place jalapenos on lined baking sheet cheese side up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are tender and bacon is crisp.
Keywords: stuffed jalapenos, bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos, stuffed jalapenos wrapped with bacon