Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot are taken to a whole new level. Seared until golden and ultra juicy, these effortless Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are covered with a sweet-and-savory Honey Garlic Sauce for the perfect easy leave-it-and-forget-it weeknight dinner.
Make this dish a meal – we love to serve it with my Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes and my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Drizzled with a garlicky, ginger sauce, these quick instant pot chicken thighs are an Instant Pot dinner that’ll be ready in 30 minutes. Served over fluffy rice or chewy noodles, it’s a sweet-and-savory recipe that’ll satisfy all your take-out cravings on hectic weeknights.
Packed with sriracha and tamari for lots of umami, the easy whisked sauce is light on the salt to keep things nice and healthy but still super flavorful. A bit of honey also coats the golden-seared chicken in lots of natural sweetness. Don’t forget fresh garlic and ginger for fragrance and extra Asian flair. If you want to make it heartier, just add some bell peppers or mushrooms!
Sprinkled with paprika for smokey goodness, this juicy chicken dinner is an effortless meal you can place on the table with a handful of pantry staples. Topped with parsley for herbiness and a crack of spicy black pepper right before serving, you’ll love every juicy, saucy bite.
Why You’ll Love These Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
Say goodbye to take-out nights with this easy Asian-inspired dinner. It’ll be a hit!
- Healthy. This chicken is made with avocado oil for healthy fats and tamari to cut back on salt.
- Homemade. Any chicken recipe is always juicier when it’s homemade. It’s also healthier too!
- Quick. It’s ready in half an hour even with a homemade sauce as part of the recipe!
- Prep-friendly. Make the sauce in advance so you can just throw everything together on a weeknight.
- Convenient. Once the chicken is browned, you can pretty much forget about it in the Instant Pot until it’s time for dinner.
What You’ll Need
All of the ingredients in the sauce are pantry staples. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
For the Chicken
- Chicken thighs – The skin keeps them extra juicy, but skinless chicken thighs also work.
- Avocado oil – Coconut oil is another healthy alternative. You can also use olive, corn, canola, or vegetable oil.
- Salt and pepper – Use kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
For the Sauce
- Honey – Only use raw honey. Maple syrup and agave syrup are too smokey.
- Tamari – This Japanese sauce is the liquid that forms around miso paste as it ferments. It’s a very traditional type of soy sauce.
- Sriracha – Any Asian chili garlic sauce will do. You can also use Korean Gochujang chili paste.
- Ground ginger – Fresh ginger is definitely an option.
- Smoked paprika – Feel free to use mild paprika.
- Garlic – Freshly minced garlic adds the most fragrance and flavor, but garlic powder will save you if you’re in a pinch.
- Chicken broth – Veggie broth works too. If you don’t have either, use water.
How to make Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
The Instant Pot traps all the juices and saucy goodness to make your life easier. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Prep the chicken. Use a paper towel to pat the chicken dry on all sides. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the sauce. Whisk the honey, tamari, sriracha, ground ginger, paprika, garlic, and chicken broth in a large bowl until well combined. Set it aside.
- Sear it. Place the Instant Pot on the Sautée setting. Add the avocado oil. Sear it for 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add the sauce. Pour in the whisked sauce. Turn the Sautée setting off. Secure the lid and set it to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Serve. Place the Instant Pot in its Quick Release setting. Carefully remove the lid. Remove the chicken and drizzle the sauce on top. Garnish it with parsley and serve immediately.
Tips for Success
You can cut a few corners and make any honey garlic chicken thighs recipe extra hearty with a handful of ingredients.
- Add more garnishes. Chopped green onions, toasted sesame seeds, chives, and crispy tempura pearls are great garnish ideas for more texture and flavor.
- Use store-bought. When you don’t have enough time to make the sauce, use store-bought honey garlic sauce or teriyaki sauce for a similar sweetness.
- Use veggies. Sautée bell peppers, broccoli, or mushrooms and mix them in with the chicken and sauce once it’s fully cooked. You can also use leftover veggies.
- You can also use different cuts of chicken. This recipe also works with chicken wings, drumsticks, or leg-quarters.
What to Serve With Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
These instant pot chicken thighs are perfect over my Jasmine Rice for a simple dinner. If you’re on a low-carb diet, try it with my Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice. Noodles are a great option too. My Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles and Kung Pao Beef Noodles are some of my favorite. For veggie sides, serve it with my Air Fryer Green Beans or Asian Brussel Sprouts.
Once fully cooled, refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Keep it away from direct heat or sunlight when on the counter for reheating or serving. To reheat it, pop it into the microwave for up to a minute or until warm. You can also heat it in a pan over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes with the lid on.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
These instant pot chicken thighs in a honey garlic sauce with hints of spicy sriracha are an effortlessly juicy 30-minute dinner.
- Pat dry chicken thighs with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- To a small bowl, add honey, tamari, sriracha, ground ginger, smoked paprika, garlic, and chicken broth. Whisk together until combined and set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to the Saute setting. Once hot, add avocado oil and chicken thighs skin side down. Sear for 4 minutes or until browned and then flip chicken things to cook for 4 minutes on the other side. Pour the Honey Garlic Sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Turn Saute setting off and secure the lid. Once the lid is secure, turn the setting to Pressure Cooker mode on HIGH and set for 10 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps and 10 minutes is up, do a quick release.
- Remove the lid. Carefully remove the chicken, drizzle the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 349
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 516 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot chicken thighs, honey garlic chicken thighs