Bold and colorful, this easy avocado corn salad is the 15-minute side dish you’ll be preparing all summer long. Served chilled on its own or with corn chips for a little crunch, it’s a refreshing bite you’ll never want to put down!
It’s not summer without corn so here are a few other corn recipes you’ll love – Corn Chowder with Shrimp and Corn Relish or my Mexican Street Corn Dip.
Easy & Healthy Avocado Corn Salad
Full of crunchy onions and a tangy homemade dressing, this avocado corn salad will become your tortilla chips’ new best friend. Tossed and served in only 15 minutes, you’ll want to keep the grill on all summer.
Packed with juicy tomatoes and creamy avocado, every colorful bite is a burst of fresh flavors and textures. However, it’s the whisked dressing with honey, cumin, and garlic really takes it to the next level. The sweetness, smokiness, and spiciness it adds brings it all together and makes each bowl of this salad a healthy symphony.
Perfect for using up leftovers and prepping ahead, this side dish can be served chilled or at room temperature so you don’t have to worry about using the stove more than you have to. Once it’s on the table, all you have to do is find an excuse to invite people over. It’s that good.
Why You’ll Love This Grilled Corn Salad
Simple should never mean less flavorful. This recipe is proof that you can have both.
- Healthy. This salad is packed with fresh veggies and a simple homemade dressing. There are no refined sugars or sodium, making it super healthy.
- Easy. This side dish is ready in 15 minutes and basically only needs to be tossed together. How hard can it be?
- Prep-friendly. Prep the veggies and dressing in advance so all you have to do it mix everything together throughout the week.
- Perfect for summer. If you’re firing up the grill, throw in some corn and consider this dish a pleasant coincidence you can use as a side.
What You’ll Need
You’ll be surprised at how easy this sweet-and-savory homemade dressing is. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
For the Salad
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
For the Dressing
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar – Don’t swap it for apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- Lime juice – Feel free to use lemon juice.
- Garlic – No garlic powder please.
- Honey – Raw honey or agave syrup are best for this.
- Smoked paprika – Use your favorite kind.
- Red pepper flakes
Can I Use Frozen Corn?
Unfortunately, no. The corn is cooked directly on the grill and frozen corn typically comes in kernels that would fall right through the grates. This is why you can’t use frozen corn for this recipe.
These are some ingredients you can use to make your avocado corn salad even heartier:
- Peppers. Thinly sliced or diced leftover bell peppers add wonderful crunch to this salad.
- Rotisserie chicken. Adding shredded rotisserie chicken will incorporate some protein into the dish.
- Croutons. If you skip the tortilla chips for serving and add croutons instead, you’ll have something just as crunchy to chew on.
- Pasta. Adding boiled fusilli pasta will make the dish extra hearty in case you’re really hungry or need to feed a crowd.
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
Once the corn is grilled, everything else comes together in minutes. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Grill the corn. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the ears of corn for 2-3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Remove them from the grill and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the kernels. Use a sharp knife to carefully remove the corn kernels from the corn. Place them in a large bowl and discard the cob.
- Fill the bowl. Add the tomato, red onion, and avocado to the bowl with kernels.
- Make the dressing. Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, honey, paprika, red pepper flakes, and salt in a small bowl until well combined.
- Toss it. Pour dressing over the salad and then toss everything together. Season with more salt to taste and enjoy.
Tips for Success
Follow these tips for the perfect corn avocado tomato salad:
- Use lime juice. If you’re not serving the salad right away, toss it in a bit of lime juice to prevent it from browning so quickly.
- Prep-ahead. Chop the veggies and prepare the dressing in advance so you only need to toss everything right before dinner.
- Use leftovers. Chopping up leftover heirloom tomatoes (just remove some of the seeds) and even white onion will help you use up everything in the fridge and reduce food waste.
What to Serve with Avocado Corn Salad Salad
This avocado corn salad is great with tortilla chips and a steak or chicken dinner. Try my Air Fryer Chicken Breast, Salsa Verde Carne Asada, or Cowboy Steak with Chimichurri for some yummy options. If you want to serve another side dish, pair it with my Garlic Lemon Pasta.
How to Store Leftovers
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you didn’t already mix the whole thing together, it’s best to store the dressing and salad separately so that the onion and cherry tomatoes don’t soften too much. Enjoy it chilled or at room temperature but don’t heat it once it’s been refrigerated.
More Easy Salads
This easy avocado corn salad with a tangy honey dressing will find its way to your menu again and again. It’s perfect!
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat grill to medium high heat around 350°F
- Place ears of corn directly on the grill. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Remove the corn from the grill and let it rest for 3-5 minutes. Then using a corn, carefully cut the corn kernels off the corn. Place the corn kernels in a large bowl, discard the cob.
- To the large bowl with corn, add tomato, red onion and avocado.
- Next, make the dressing. To a small bowl add olive oil, red wine vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, honey, smoked paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt. Whisk everything together until combined.
- Pour dressing over the corn mixture and then toss everything to coat. Season with salt as needed and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 127 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: avocado corn salad, grilled corn salad, corn avocado tomato salad
DON’T MISS A RECIPE
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM