Sumer is upon us and it’s time to shed your Winter layers, don your sleeveless shirts and tank tops, and show off your Total Gym sculpted arms and svelte abs!
What is Super-Setting?
Super-setting is working two unrelated muscle groups back to back with no rest in between each exercise. In today’s workout, we will be super-setting your arm muscles (biceps and triceps), with your abdominal and core muscles (internal and external obliques, lower/upper abs, and your low back.
What are Compound Exercises?
This is targeting different muscles by doing 2 or 3 exercises simultaneously. You gotta love the versatility of your Total Gym!
Why Should I Do Super-Sets & Compound Exercises?
The benefits are simple: Getting the most out of life’s most precious resources – TIME! Yes, of course we wanna put in the time to work out our bodies. Why? To reap those wonderful benefits of feeling better, looking better, increased health, a higher quality of life, and longevity just to name a few. But hey, there are a lot of other things vying for our time in life – like work, family, fun, and the latest series on Netflix!
So let’s dig into Super-Sets and maximize our Time Management.
Here are the 5 Arm/Ab Super-Set & Compound Exercises you’ll learn in the video:
1. Single Arm Lateral Biceps Curls with Obliques – Pump up the “Guns” and Twist and Shout that waist line! Choose the seated option or challenge your balance and proprioception trying the kneeling option.
2. Single Arm Triceps Extension with Angled Obliques – Tighten those triceps so when you stop waving, your arm stops waiving too :). Seated or kneeling.
3. Lying Tricep Extensions with Leg Raises and Crunch – Extending the legs to target the lower abs, helping flatten your tummy. Then we add a crunch to add the upper abs to the mix and wake up that six-pack.
4. Seated Biceps Curls with a Pilates Teaser – A Pilates Teaser is a very advanced mat Pilates exercise but the Total Gym will allow you to be successful enough to make Joseph Pilates proud!
5. Kneeling Triceps Kickbacks with a Low Back Strengthener – I love this compound exercise to work your triceps and train your lower back. Keeping our lower back strong can help eliminate those low back aches and pains which affect millions and millions of people. BONUS: Kneeling (or high kneeling) Biceps Curls. In this segment, I introduce Static Equilibrium.
What is Static Equilibrium?
Static Equilibrium is an exercise modality that is totally unique to your Total Gym! It entails moving both arms simultaneously – in opposition – while the glide board remains static. Say what? Yeah, It’s hard to describe in words but you’ll easily grasp it by watching the video. My favorite saying as a trainer: “To keep your muscles progressing – you gotta keep em’ guessing!” This simply means you need to change up your workouts and exercises periodically to keep things physically, and mentally, fresh. Static Equilibrium will accomplish this and will give credence to the saying “Burn Baby Burn!”
The post tone your arms and abs with total gym super-sets! appeared first on Total Gym Pulse.
#tone #arms #abs #total #gym #supersets