You’re going to love how flavorful these Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are! They are tossed in herbs and garlic and then crisped up perfectly in the air fryer. It’s an easy and hearty side dish that everyone will love.
The Best Roasted Potatoes
I’m here to share that I am NOT one of those people who hate on potatoes and think they don’t belong in a healthy diet. I honestly don’t understand why potatoes get such a bad rap. Sure, they do have carbs and are a bit starchy but potatoes are a superfood that’s been consumed by people forever!
Ok sure, maybe eating Mcdonald’s french fries every day isn’t the healthiest choice. But what about roasted potatoes? Especially quick and easy Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes that can be served with other healthy sides. This recipe is
These roasted potatoes are easy to make, there isn’t a big mess left over when you make them, and they are so flavorful! The air fryer cooks them perfectly without excess fat or oil. Plus, they’re a great Whole 30 side option!
What You’ll Need
Simple ingredients for amazing flavor here! The list of ingredients is below and then check out the recipe card for exact amounts and instructions.
- New Potatoes: You can use another potato, too, if you’d like. Yukon gold or baby red potatoes work well.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic works best, but you can also use garlic powder or granulated garlic.
- Olive Oil: Or you can use your favorite cooking oil. I like the deep flavor of olive oil best for this recipe.
- Fresh Rosemary: You can use dried if that’s all that you have. I recommend cutting the amount by half.
- Fresh Thyme: Same goes for the thyme, you can use dried in this recipe. I would just use less than if you were using fresh herbs.
- Salt and Pepper
What Potatoes Are Best for the Air Fryer?
I like to use new potatoes for this recipe. They are smaller and “younger” potatoes…so that means that their sugar hasn’t converted to starch yet. And then the results are sweeter and crispier potatoes. Other great potato options are Yukon gold or yellow potatoes.
These are the best Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes! Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. These potatoes are herby and delicious.
Here are a few ways that you can mix up this recipe. Use the same procedure to make the potatoes but you can swap out a few different ingredients to play around with the flavor.
- Use sweet potatoes instead. While sweet potatoes don’t generally crisp up as well as new potatoes, they still taste great out of the air fryer!
- Mix up the herbs. I suggest sticking to hardy herbs like oregano and sage.
- Serve the potatoes with a sauce. I love to toss them with my Homemade Pesto or dip them in Boom Boom Sauce (I told you this sauce goes well with just about anything!!).
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
This recipe is very straightforward! You’ll be enjoying delicious potatoes in no time at all – with minimal cleanup!
Wash and cut the potatoes. You’ll want to pat the potatoes dry before seasoning them. This will ensure that they cook up nice and crispy.
Then season the potatoes. Mix the potatoes and seasonings in a large bowl. Make sure that everything is coated well.
Cook them in the air fryer. You’ll cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes and then toss them to turn them and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
Remove them from the air fryer and let them cool a bit. They will be very hot! So I suggest letting them cool for a minute before eating them.
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry Potatoes?
The length of time ultimately depends on how big the pieces of potatoes are. If they are smaller, they will take a shorter amount of time.
For this recipe, we cut the potatoes into quarters so they are a bit larger. They take about 20 minutes total to cook after tossing halfway through.
Why Don’t My Potatoes Get Crispy In The Air Fryer?
There are a few reasons why potatoes won’t get crispy in the air fryer:
- They aren’t cut to the same size. The potatoes must be the same size so that they cook for the same amount of time.
- The potatoes are not in a single layer. The potatoes need to be spaced out and in a single layer to get perfectly crispy.
- The potatoes are not dry enough. Make sure that the potatoes are dry before you season them.
What to Serve with Roasted Potatoes
This is one of the easiest side dishes you’ll come across. And it makes everyone happy! Here are some of my favorite ways to serve Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Store any leftover roasted potatoes in an air-tight container in the fridge. Then you can reheat them in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes before serving them again.
Can I Freeze These?
Yes, you can freeze roasted potatoes. The best way to do this is to freeze them on a sheet tray first. And then put them into a plastic bag or air-tight container to freeze.
You can then use the air fryer to reheat them. If cooking from a frozen state, I recommend reheating for 5-8 minutes.
The Best Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
These Air Fryer Potatoes have loads of garlic and herbs. They are cooked perfectly in the air fryer and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 lb. new potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash potatoes before use. Cut potatoes in half and then in half again so you are left with quarters.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl along with garlic cloves, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil. Gently toss and set aside.
- Heat air fryer to 400°F, allow it heat for 2 minutes or so.
- Add seasoned potatoes to your air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Remove basket and toss potatoes to turn, roast another 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and slightly browned.
- Let cool and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 388 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted potatoes, roasted potatoes in air fryer, easy air fryer recipes
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | BLOGLOVIN