I love easy to prepare dinners, and this Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Mole could not be much easier to prepare.
Just add the ingredients to a slow cooker and you’ll have a hot dinner ready for you at the end of the day.
Plus, it’s full of delicious spices and slow cooked flavor that doesn’t require standing over a hot stove for hours.
And don’t forget to make a batch of my Keto Cauliflower White “Rice” Recipe to enjoy with the chicken mole.
Recipe Substitutions and Modifications
This Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Mole recipe is absolutely delicious as it is.
However, you might not care for all of the ingredients. Or you might not have all of the ingredients easily available to you. And that’s okay!
There are several substitutions and modifications you can make, and the recipe will be incredibly delicious.
- Skinless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts if you prefer. You can also use a combination of chicken thighs and chicken breasts.
- Bone-in chicken breasts or chicken thighs can be used in the recipe. Just be sure to remove and discard the bones before returning the shredded chicken to the slow cooker.
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use beef broth or vegetable broth instead.
- You can use 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic or 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder instead of garlic cloves and 2 teaspoons of onion powder instead of the onion.
- You can use 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder instead of cacao powder. Or you can use 1.5 ounces (42 g) of melted 100% dark chocolate.
- For a mild dish, omit the chipotle paste and use mild chili powder.
Other Keto Mexican-Inspired Recipes
And if you are hungry for more Mexican-inspired recipes, here are a few more to tempt your tastebuds:
My Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe will give you all of the enchilada flavor you love but without the carbs.
And if burgers are your jam, then check out my Keto Guacamole Chicken Bacon Burgers for a meal that your entire family will love.
But if you are in the mood for a meal with a kick, you have to try my Keto Spicy Mexican Meat Pie Recipe.
If you are cooking for a large group or prefer to have leftovers for days, then my Keto Pork Carnitas Recipe with Lettuce Wraps is perfect for you.
And if you thought you would have to give up tacos when you started a Keto diet, then you will love this Keto Mexican Tacos recipe.
My Keto Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowl with Chili Mayo is the perfect recipe that has all of the taste of takeout but without all of the iffy ingredients.
And if you are in the mood for a flavorful breakfast, you should try my Mini Keto Breakfast Burrito Wraps Recipe.
Or you might prefer my Keto Spanish Frittata Recipe that is delicious for breakfast, brunch or anytime of day.
Of course, no Mexican-inspired meal is complete without my Basic Keto Guacamole and Keto Tortilla Chips Recipe.
If you want even more Keto Mexican-inspired recipes, then be sure to check out these 33 Keto tacos recipes that are total tens!
And don’t forget to check out these 100+ Scrumptious Keto Crockpot Recipes for all of the easy slow cooker recipes you could possibly want.
- 1 cup (240 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 medium white onion (2 oz or 55 g), roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chipotle paste (or 1 small chipotle pepper, seeds removed) (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons (12 g) chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cinnamon powder
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (1.3 lb or 600 g) (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (2 g) chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 1 lime, cut in to wedges (for garnish)
- Place the tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion, garlic, chipotle paste, almond butter, cacao powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (Add a splash of water to help blending, if needed.)
- Place the chicken breasts and chicken broth in the slow cooker. Pour over the blended sauce and stir well to combine.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. (If using bone-in chicken, remove and discard the bone.) Ladle out about half of the sauce and set aside for serving.
- Return the shredded chicken to the remaining sauce in the slow cooker and mix well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the chicken mole with the reserved sauce and garnish with the optional fresh cilantro, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 6 g
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 39 g
#Keto #Slow #Cooker #Chicken #Mole